Wednesday, July 7, 2010

3 Weeks for this… 3 Weeks for that…

So we are hoping that we get our National Visa Center approval sometime this week. If we do, it would be roughly three weeks since we submitted our paperwork to the US Consulate in China. After we receive the NVC approval, it is again, roughly three weeks before we will hear anything about our Travel Approval. After that, we were told that the local province needs about 10 days lead time in order to get all the paperwork together. So as it stands right now, we are looking at traveling about the first week of August.

There is one other Ningxia family who was supposed to travel in this week’s group, but their Travel approval did not arrive yet, so we are thinking we might end up traveling with them at the end of this month or the beginning of August. I can imagine how frustrated they must feel.



Things that help to pass the time:

Packing!! You might not think so, but “test” packing our bags so that we can weigh everything and make sure we are under 44 pounds really helps. I actually had to go out and buy a scale becuase we didn't own one.  So there was alot of "weigh me" then "weigh me + bag" in order to figure out whether we were ok weight-wise.  Saiya’s bag had to be unpacked and redistributed so that we could fit all of our clothes and still be underweight. At first try, Chris’s bag weighed about 60 pounds!! Needless to say, we had to rethink some of the things we were taking and do some creative packing.

Yard Work!! We have been slowly tearing out the palmetto palms in our back yard in order to make room for a deck. When I’m not working on the weekends, we have been cutting, trimming, and hauling those out of our yard. It really helps keep our minds off of the intense “hurry up and wait” that this process has become.

Shopping!! We have been shopping like crazy for clothes for the trip to China. I realized that it has been years since I actually went “shopping” for clothes. Yeah, I might buy one or two items here and there, but I have not been “shopping” in forever!! So we have been clothes shopping for shorts, light t-shirts, and other things to take with us to China.


That’s about it for now, we are still very excited and anxious to get going! We are ready to bring our little girl home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment