Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A Busy Month for Sure!

I can’t believe we are four days into August already!  This leaves us about three weeks before take-off!  The days fly by, but the nights are slow.  This month, there is a lot going on.  My dad is leaving for Asia next Friday, my mother is coming home from a 3 ½ week vacation in New Hampshire, my niece and nephew fly home from Louisiana today, and of course, we leave for China on the 26th.  We are still making a list of things we want to buy for the trip to China.  Last weekend I took some Tylenol PM to see how well it would put me to sleep.  I was shocked at how sleepy it made me.  I guess we wont have any problems sleeping on the plane.  I got Chris some more Xanax from the pharmacy, so he should be set with his “happy pills”.  Other than that, we are trying to get/keep the house clean before we leave.  My bag is packed, although I have to stuff some jeans I bought for Saiya in there in case it is a little cool in Ningxia.   Sometime in the next few days or so, we should get a finalized price list and itinerary from the agency as well as have our Travel Meeting.

One of the families who went to China on July 29th was kind enough to take pictures of our girl for us.  She is a cutie!  In almost all of the pictures she is all scrunchy-faced and pouty!  I can’t help but think about how much she looks like me when I was little.  I used to scrunch up my face and pout like that too!!  If you didnt know my husband (and thought that I married an Asian person), she could very easily pass for my biological daughter.  Sorry, Chris, nothing we can do to make her look like you!

2 comments:

  1. I remember while waiting for ZuZu that the nights were hard. Every night I would go to sleep thinking about what she was doing that morning. Funny it was just a few weeks ago she asked about that very thing. Did I think about her? She was glad to know that I did and was able to giver her a specific story. It is so much fun to follow your journey. Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dream about her alot. I, too, think about what she might be doing in the time when we are getting ready for bed. Maybe eating breakfast or getting ready for pre-school?

    ReplyDelete