Sunday, October 24, 2010

Happy Halloween - Part 1


We went to Uma and Umpa's house today to meet the rest of Chris's family and spend some time with them.  Saiya did great!  We carved her first pumpkin and she had a blast scooping the pumpkin seeds out of the bowl so we could cook them.  She didnt want to put her hand in the pumpkin because it was WAY too gooey for her liking.  She picked out the cat face, so I carved it into the pumpkin while she scooped seeds.  She had fun.  I dont think she really understands why we are mutilating the poor gourds, but I hope that next year she will be more excited to join in the art part of it.

After pumpkins, she spent hours playing with her aunts and having fun.  I'm glad she enjoyed herself while we were able to spend time with Chris's family.


No comments:

Post a Comment